The use of digital media for the growth and promotion of businesses has taken the corporate world by storm. As the digital marketing continues to grow at a rapid pace, there are both boons and banes to look out for. The engagement of the digital marketing as a strategic tool triggers the introduction of new and improved means to match the requirements of businesses.
Trends in digital marketing include and exclude certain trends in accordance with the need of the hour. These trends are aimed at fulfilling the requirements of business units in order to reach clients in an effective manner.
All this discussion invites the mention of The 7 trends in digital marketing that have and will continue to mark their existence in the technological environment. Let’s discuss these trends and understand their effectiveness in competitive business operations.
1) Integrate an advertising video within the customer’s journey
The best way to engage the audience and promote a product is via a social aspect embedded within a video. Although traditional, this trend has always drawn the attention of the target audience and has proven successful. This trend is an opportunity for business houses to market their products while involving the customer.
2) Artificial IntelligenceA marketing study shows that almost 60% of marketers use Artificial Intelligence as one of the tools to interact with clients and customers on a regular basis. Artificial Intelligence is believed to go hand in hand with the advancement of technology. It is projected to grow by 53% in the next couple of years.
3) Marketing through customer experienceThis particular trend is perhaps the most crucial prospect to bank upon. Customers see your business as a sum of experiences they have had with you and this is what triggers your hold over your competitors. A recent study shows that 60% of marketing analysts are of the opinion that marketing through customer experience will mark its existence in all times of modernization and technological advancements.
4) Reaching out to the customer base via social media strategy
The intended audience on social media always expects a positive change; change that they can rely upon, change that helps them end up on the winning side. These business units must compete to mark their social existence with frequent updates and marketing algorithms. An actionable social media plan can do that for both local businesses and big brands simultaneously.
5) The emergence of Content MarketingContent Marketing is not just a trend but its fast-growing pace in the current scenario is taking business performance from the bottom to the top. From blog posts to videos and infographics, content marketing can take on different forms depending on the need. However, it’s not as easy to do it yourself, which is why you should consider outsourcing your content creation in order to streamline your process.
6) Influencer Marketing is gaining groundInfluencer Marketing has been growing in popularity for the past few years and has turned out to be an incredible way out, marketers are opting this as a key strategy. It all started with clothing and beauty brands in particular but now brands like Amazon are banking on this for effective promotion. Influencer marketing is basically identifying, engaging and supporting the people who create the conversations impacting a particular brand or service.
7) Virtual and Augmented Reality
These two particular aspects are helping brands to provide fascinating experiences to the target audience. Most recently virtual reality was used by Loreal, wherein they developed an app to allow users to use their product virtually. These technologies are aiding the brands to differentiate themselves.
These trends are fast becoming and are likely to grow bigger and better with time. If you’re someone who chooses to embark on a journey, the digital marketing way, then do keep this post bookmarked so you can return to it when in doubt.